Batt Laboratories is a veterinary diagnostic laboratory based in Coventry (UK), and owned by LABOKLIN GmbH, a leader in veterinary diagnostic development and service throughout Europe. Batt Laboratories has a strong history of personal, high quality, diagnostic laboratory service and is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic lead scientist to join the team.
We are interested to hear from ambitious and bright individuals with extensive experience in PCR testing conducting the end-to-end lab processes from sample receipt, through DNA/RNA extraction to delivery of PCR data.
The starting salary would be adjusted to reflect the degree of experience and training will be provided, if needed.
- Participate in the day to day running of the diagnostic laboratory
- Responsibility and accountability for your own work
- Using your knowledge and experience to deliver the service
- Work with other staff to identify and address your own learning needs.
- Complete duties that may not be in your day-to-day workflow
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Ideally PhD or BSc with a minimum of 5 years’ experience or HNC in Medical Laboratory Sciences. Veterinarians (DVM) will also be considered for this position.
- Previous experience in a diagnostic veterinary laboratory and knowledge of infectious diseases testing would be preferred but is not strictly needed.
- Skills and direct experience with all aspects of PCR testing are required
- Be self-motivated, organized, team player, and independent worker.
- Reliable, hardworking, strong communication skills with good customer services.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, from 9:00 to 17:30, flexibility is required.
No work on weekend and Bank Holidays.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter, stating why you are interested in this role and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 1st March 2021
Interview Starting Date: 2nd March